If you are a teen between 15-17 years old and have completed your freshman, sophomore or junior year, we’d like to invite you to join our Teen Leadership Program!
What is a Teen Leader?
Why Become a Teen Leader
- Provides a unique opportunity for teens looking to gain a practical, working knowledge of how to be a leader at camp, school, and in life.
- Opens teens up to exciting community service opportunities.
- Adds important leadership and community service experience to your resume for college and future employment.
- Teen Leaders learn the skills to be an effective camp counselor and the program opens the door to a possible future working at camp!
How to Become a Teen Leader
There are a limited number of openings each week of camp for teen leaders, so we encourage you to submit your application early. You can request to attend individual weeks or select all. However, all teen leaders will be required to attend Week 1 for leadership training.
Applications must be received by May 1, 2018. We will notify you by mail on or before May 4, 2018. Please – no phone calls or emails regarding acceptance.
Teen Leader Responsibilities
|Assist counselors during cabin time and activity periods. (setup, helping campers, cleanup)|
|Escort campers to the nurse or bathroom.|
|Help campers find lost or forgotten items.|
|Help keep the group together when moving around camp.|
|Set the tables for breakfast and provide assistance during meals.|
|Comfort homesick campers.|
|Lead songs before meals, help campers create skit for evening program.|
|Participate in overnights, when needed.|
|Be a role model for campers!|
|Week 1 – June 24-29, 2018
Teen Leader Training
ALL TEEN LEADERS MUST ATTEND.
|Weeks 2-8||1st Year Teen Leader – $200/week
2nd Year Teen Leader – $175/week
- Visit our Camp Registration Forms page to download your application.
- Please submit by May 1, 2018.